I made this dish out of a spare Aubergine (Eggplant) and red peppers. It is a bit like a lasagne without the pasta as it is simply layers of vegetables, cheese and tomato sauce. A very colourful dish and morish. It’s probably the cheese that makes it morish for me…as this Diva is a sucker for a cheesey dish.
4 red peppers, deseeded and quartered
2 large Aubergines (Eggplants)
225g Mozzarella cheese
50g Parmesan cheese
- Place the red peppers under the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Leave until cool to handle and remove the charred skins.
- Cut the aubergine (eggplant) into thick slices lengthwise, brush with oil and place under the grill. Grill until each side is golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Spoon a little of the tomato sauce on the base of a large baking diah and cover with a layer of aubergine (eggplant) and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat these layers until all the vegetables are used and you finish with a layer of cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbbling and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!