This dish was the surprise hit at our last bbq….it looks fabulous and tastes divine. We devoured it with relish. Simple, tasty, pretty and has cheese in it! What more can you want? I love Halloumi cooked on the bbq, but for those times of the year when the bbq is out of bounds, the Halloumi could be cooked on a griddle pan.
2 packs fresh Halloumi cheese
1 large fennel bulb
100g sour cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbspn olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Finely slice the fennel and place in a large bowl of iced water for 10 minutes to help keep it crisp.
- Whisk the sour cream with the garlic and 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with black pepper and set aside.
- Drain the fennel and toss with the lemon juice in a salad bowl.
- Preheat the barbecue or a griddle pan. Brush the Halloumi slices with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and grill over a medium heat for 2 minutes on either side until charred and golden.
- Place the salad leaves on a dish, top with the fennel then place the Halloumi on top. Scatter with pomegranate seeds before drizzling with the creamy dressing. Serve immediately while the cheese is still hot.
- Eat and enjoy!