Gluten Free/ Paleo/ Sweet Bites/ Vegetarian

Pumpkin Coconut Ice

pumpkin-coconut-ice

Pumpkin coconut ice makes a healthy and tasty treat.

This tastes so sweet as if it is too bad for you and your hips but it is a simple dish of coconut and pumpkin.  Nothing bad at all!   It reminds me a bit of the coconut ice sweet I used to make as a young girl but this is much better for you as it is not a mouthful of processed sugar!

pumpkin-coconut-ice

I use the creamed coconut blocks to make this.   If you don’t have them, try some creamed coconut as that should work.  The joy of pumpkin…it just keeps giving!

1 cup coconut cream concentrate

3/4 cup pumpkin puree

1/4  cup honey (or ground erthyritol)

1/2 tspn cinnamon

1/8 tspn allspice

1/2 tspn vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

pumpkin-coconut-ice

• Heat the coconut cream and pumpkin puree in a saucepan over a low heat.
  • When the coconut cream has melted, add the honey, spices, salt and vanilla extract and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture into a greased bread loaf pan.  Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours.
  • Cut when cold into squares.

pumpkin-coconut-ice

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Share on Yummly0Pin on Pinterest33

Sean
    September 23, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Is coconut cream concentrate the same as coconut butter?

20 Pumpkin Recipes | Divalicious Recipes
    September 23, 2015 at 10:15 am

[…] Pumpkin coconut ice […]

Rebecca Lavallee
    January 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I too have looked unsucessfully for coconut cream in the UAE. I have found though that if you refrigerate the canned coconut cream, the fat rises the top, giving you “concentrate”.

Angie C
      January 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I believe that if you processed coconut flakes in a food processor and added a dash of coconut oil, this might yield coconut cream….need to try it though once my last block of coconut cream has been used!

Anja @ AnjasFood4Thought
    October 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

That sound really yummy. Where do you get coconut cream concentrate though? And is the pumpkin puree sweetened or is it simply pureed cooked pumpkin?

Angie C
      October 23, 2011 at 10:56 am

I got the coconut cream concentrate from the UK as was unsure if I could buy it in Dubai..The pumpkin puree is simply cooked pumpkin..it’s sweet enough for my taste but you could add sugar if you wanted.

Anja @ AnjasFood4Thought
        October 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I am always in favor of NOT adding sugar. If you ever see coconut cream concentrate in Dubai, let me know. What exactly is it actually?

Angie C
          October 29, 2011 at 7:08 am

Same here…the only sugar in our house is used for skin scrubs! Coconut Cream Concentrate is from the whole coconut meat and nothing else – not even water! It is ground into a very fine powder from dried coconut meat. I will let you know if I find some in Dubai!