This makes for a fabulous starter or snack. It is very morish and the fried sage goes so well with the pumpkin. The garlic rub on the pumpkin is just wonderful. Bright, colourful, tasty..what more could a Diva want!
4 garlic cloves, peeled
3-4 tblspns olive oil
12 sprigs of fresh sage
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sage. Shallow fry for 1-2 minutes until they are crunchy. Drain on kitchen paper and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into long, thin pieces.
- Crush the garlic to a paste and add some salt. Smear this paste thinly on each side of the pumpkin slices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pumpkin slices for about 3 minutes on each side, until lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove from the pan, serve and garnish with the fried sage.
- Eat and enjoy!