This is a hearty soup full of artichokes, cream and chicken
I steam the chicken to keep it moist and tender but you could use any leftover cooked chicken for this. The husband loved this and said he would eat it again. Which he did as I made a huge pot of it…
1 can artichokes
2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
3 cups chicken stock
1 small carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 small onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1/2 tspn dried oregano
1 cup cream
4 tbslpns Parmesan cheese
1 tbslpn olive oil
salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the artichokes,chicken stock, bayleaves, oregano and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend in a food processor or a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour back into the saucepan and add the chicken, cream and Parmesan. Simmer and stir through.
- Serve, slurp and enjoy!