Low carb red velvet cupcakes made with coconut flour. Decorated with cream makes them extra tempting.
I love the bright colour of red velvet cupcakes. This recipe should give you a lovely moist cupcake. The topping is made out of cream cheese and these should be stored in the refrigerator. These nearly topple my tiramisu cupcakes as a favourite…nearly…
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tspn vanilla
1/4 cup erythritol
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tblspn cocoa powder
2-3 tspn red food colouring
1/4 tspn salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
100g cream cheese (ensure it is at room temperature)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 ground erthytritol (grind it in a processor to get an almost icing sugar consistency)
1 tspn vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Add the red food colouring and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk). It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
- Place the batter into cupcake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- For the cream cheese topping, mix the cream cheese and butter until soft with no lumps. (Mix with a blender if it’s easier). Add the erthytritol and vanilla extract.
- Smother the cupcakes with the topping!
- Eat and enjoy!