This is a lovely vibrant dish that can be cooked on the BBQ or until the grill. Perfect for any season and packed full of flavour. The combination of sweet pepper and Halloumi is just gorgeous. This could be a veggie main or served as a side dish. Depends upon how hungry you are!
4 Yellow peppers, quartered and deseeded
150g Halloumi cheese
8 sunblush tomatoes
2 tblspn chopped flatleaf parsley
2 tblspn olive oil
salt and pepper
- Brush the peppers with olive oil and place under a hot grill. Cook until the skins are brown and blistering.
- Remove from the grill and cool. Remove the charred skin.
- Slice the Halloumi into pieces of eight.
- Place the Halloumi on top of the eight pepper skins and lay a tomato on top. Season to taste and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Place under the grill or BBQ until the cheese softens.
- I like to roll them up in little parcels, but you could eat them open if you wished.
- Eat and enjoy!