Cauliflower vichyssoise is a chilled soup that is perfect for summer.
The texture is delightfully creamy and it makes a change for gazepcheo too. Low in carbs and gluten free it is a refreshing lunch or satisfying supper.
1 large cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
1 litre water
1 tspn salt
1 bunch chives
240ml single cream
salt and pepper
- Put the florets into a saucepan and add the water and 1 tspn salt.
- Cut half of the chives into pieces and add to the cauliflower.
- Bring the cauliflower to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend the mixture with a blendor or food processor. Add the 75% of the cream and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow the soup to cool.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator.
- Put the remaining cream and chives into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Season and simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a blender, puree until smooth and add to the cauliflower mixture.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with chopped chives.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!