This nutty bread is a great healthy start to the day. It’s made from a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour and ground flaxseed making it low carb, gluten free and paleo. The nuts add a great crunch and texture.
The original recipe for this comes from elanaspantry.com. I subsituted the arrowroot powder with coconut flour and it seemed to work.
It is very filling too, as I had eggs on toasted bread for breakfast today and was still full by lunchtime. You could make this and change the nuts around to your liking if you wished. Whatever you do with this it is a yummy bread that feels and tastes that the real thing!
- 1 1/2 cups (144g) almond flour
- 2 tblspn (14g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (42g) flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 tspn low carb sweetener
- 1 tspn apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (29g) walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (28g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup (62.5g) pistachios , chopped
- 1/4 (34g) pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, salt and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy.
- Stir the sweetener and apple cider vinegar into eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, then add the nuts and seeds
- Pour batter into a well greased loaf pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool, eat and enjoy
- Serving size: Per slice 282 Calories, 23g Fat, 5g Net Carbs, 11g Total Carbs, 6g Fibre, 12 Protein
- Makes 8 slices
Low carb & gluten free
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes