A great way to start the day with a breakfast of coconut crepes! The coconut flour, oil and milk combine to give a light but satisfying crepe with all of the nutritional benefits of coconut. It tastes too good to be healthy!
I get so cross when people still say “but coconut is bad for you”..as this is not the case. High in fibre, gluten free and low in carbs! The coconut oil in coconut flour is a good way to replace unhealthy trans fats in your diet with healthy saturated fats that are readily metabolized by the body and turned into energy. Okay, you get it, I love the wonders of coconut..And you should be cutting out all unhealthy trans fats anyway..don’t make me come over and nag you…
2 tblspn coconut oil
2 tblspn coconut flour
1/4 tspn vanilla extract
1/8 tspn salt
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 tspn cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 packet blueberries (or other berries) Optional…
Whipped cream to serve (optional but I think essential…)
- Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, and salt together.
- Mix in the coconut flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in the milk
- Heat a bat of butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour 1/8 cup of batter in the pan and swirl around until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the batter is cooked around the edges and bubbles appear on the crepe. Flip over and cook the over side for 1-2 minutes, until done.
- Fill the crepes with berries, and top with whipped cream.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 4 Crepes
Nutrition: Per Crepe: 157 Calories; 14g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb