This is a dish of vegetables and cheese that is lovely when fresh out of oven but just as nice cold when the flavours have had a chance to mature. Easy to make as it is simply cutting up a few veggies, throwing them in the oven and sitting back on the sofa waiting for it to cook! It can be a side vegetable dish served with fish or chicken…or eaten by itself. Call it a side dish, call it a salad, call it whatever you want, it is still a tasty plate of veggies!
225g feta cheese
2 tblspn olive oil
1/2 tspn balsamic vinegar
1 tblspn lemon juice
2 tblspn fresh thyme, chopped
700g tomatoes, halved or quartered
900g courgettes,(zucchini), thickly sliced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
225g red onions, peeled and quartered
50g pitted black olives
- Cut the feta cheese into 1cm thick slices and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix together 1 tblspn olive oil, the balsalmic vinegar, lemon juice and half of the thyme. Season with pepper. Pour over the feta and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the ove to 230C/450F degrees
- Place the courgettes, garlic and onions in a roasting tin and drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the tomatoes, olives, thyme and season to taste. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- About 5-7 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the cheese from the marinade and place on a baking sheet until bubbling and slightly browned.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to serving plates and spoon over the remaining marinade. Top with the feta cheese.
- Eat and enjoy!