An easy zucchini salad flavoured with mint and feta. Simple to make and delicious to eat.
This is one of my favourite summer salads and will often appear as a side dish when I am having a bbq. You can cook this on the bbq or under the grill. Or on a griddle pan to get those lovely dark lines on the the veggies! It is alight, summery dish and the combination of mint, feta and zucchini is just superb. Don’t be stingy with the mint either! Make it a large handful!
You can play around with the proportion of the ingredients…the below is for 3 -4 people. And it really depends upon the size of the zucchini. At the moment the large ones that we have in our supermarkets are massive! I only needed two to make a good sized dish! Normally there are only small ones for sale. For those of you who are lucky to grow your own, I am envious!
- 4 large zucchini
- 3 tblspns extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Feta cheese
- Large handful of fresh mint leave
- 4 tbspns extra virgin olive oil (for the dressing)
- 1 tblspn lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill (or bbq/ griddle pan)
- Slice the zucchini diagonally into thick slices, toss them in the olive oil and season. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Leave to cool.
- Mix the 4 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and garlic clove well in a separate bowl. Season to taste
- Place the zucchini, feta and mint in a large serving bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes