Once I had tried Mars Bar Vodka I started to think about other chocolates that could be used instead. After Eights was suggested to me by a friend (a lot of my friends are lushes…big surprise) and it worked out deliciously. The combination of mint, chocolate and vodka over ice is fabulous. Not good for the bathroom scales, but hey a Diva needs a treat now and then. And erm, it’s Gluten free….that means it’s a health drink surely..? hee hee..
2 packets of After Eights chocolate
150 ml cream
500 ml vodka (use a half decent brand, do not go for the very cheap stuff.)
- Take the individual After Eights out of their packets and put into a saucepan. Add the cream and melt over a low heat until melted.
- Pour the mixture into the vodka bottle, tighten lid and shake for two minutes. Make sure you used a large bottle with room for the chocolate mixture AND the vodka.
- Store in the fridge and resist testing for at least a week.
- Shake before serving. Pour over ice.
- Enjoy and resist the sugar/carb cravings that may appear as a result of consuming this.