This is a lovely low carb version of Gnocchi made with coconut flour. They are yummy with a tomato sauce, but you could have them with melted butter and fresh herbs too. When cooking them in water, they sink then float, just like the original recipe.
However, the floating to the surface does not mean that they are cooked like the potato version. They take about 3-4 minutes to cook.
Gnocchi with coconut flour
3 eggs, beaten
4 tblspns coconut flour
4 tblspns Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tspn garlic powder
1/4 tspn salt
- Mix the coconut flour and beaten eggs well.
- Add the Parmesan, garlic powder and salt and mix well into a dough.
- Place the dough on a sheet of clingfilm and roll into a long sausage shape.
- Wrap up with the clingfilm and place in the refrigerator. Chill the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Remove the Gnocchi dough from the refrigerator and cut into small bite sized pieces.
- Place the pieces into the boiling water, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat until all gnocchi are cooked.
- Top with the sauce of your choice.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes about 8-10 gnocchis.
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!