Parmesan cheese baskets are so simple to make. It’s basically a bowl made out of cheese! Fill with a salad or even a chilli. Eat the contents, then eat the bowl! A great low carb and gluten free dish. You can make mini bowls or medium sized ones. Mini bowls could make a pretty and delicious appetiser. Fried cheese. It just keeps on giving!
This is for cheese fans and is a great low carb/gluten free way to serve a salad! Using Parmesan that is cooked in a pan. You could add herbs and spices to the cheese mixture too. Make it your own and have a play around with the flavours. I had this for lunch today and in the bowl put cherry tomatoes, baby mozzarellas, olives, salad leaves and a handful of basil leaves. As well as looking bright and colourful it was tasty and delicious.
You don’t have to make a bowl with this, you could cook the Parmesan and then leave it to cool. Break off pieces to put over salad or soup. Or just nibble on it as a snack. Cheesy goodness!
2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheesse
- Heat a frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- Scatter about 1/2 cup of Parmesan all over the frying pan and covering it in a thin layer.
- Cook for 2-3 mins on one side, then flip over to cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on a bowl. Press around the bowl and leave to cool. (I used a small soup bowl). You could use a smaller bowl. Or fashion it into another shape. Rather like a glass blower!
- Remove the Parmesan cheese basket and fill with filling of your choice.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 4 small baskets.
Nutritional Info per basket – 216 Calories, 14g Fat, 19g Protein, 2g Total Carbs, 0g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs