My original recipe of this had haricot beans but now that I am pursing the low carb lifestyle have substitued these for boiled eggs. I love the fresh flavour that the dressing and basil give this dish. Very simple, very quick to put together and very yummy. You could add fresh grilled tuna to this if you must…I guess…
250g green beans
250g fresh tomatoes
handful of basil leaves
100g black olives (take the stones out, who wants to bite on them)
1 tspn Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove
1 tblspn apple cider vinegar (or lemon)
2 tblpn olive oil
salt and pepper
- Top and tail the green beans. Cook in boiling water for about 4 minutes until slightly tender. Drain and run under cool water.
- Hardboil the eggs by placing into a pan of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices (quarter, and slice again). Add to the beans in a bowl and add the basil and olives. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Peel the hardboiled eggs and cut into quarters.
- Mix the dressing of mustard, garlic, vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the bean and tomato mixture. Place the eggs on top.
- Eat and enjoy!