One of the best ways to sneak green beans into your diet in a healthy way. Although they are called fries they are nothing like the potato version but more like baked green beans in a tasty coating, but that’s not really an exciting description. They can be a bit fiddling to make as you are dipping every bean in the various coatings *yawns* but the end taste is worth it. You can play around with the spices to suit your own taste. We could munch on a large bowl of these as if they were potato chips…they are very morish. Would be lovely with a dip but have not lastest that long in this house yet. Green beans…who would have thought it!?! Taken to a whole new level. And nutrionally the are very good for you!
150g green beans (or to be honest I just select a large bag of them)
2 tblspns coconut flour
2 egg whites
300g almond flour
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1/2 tspn orgeno
salt and pepper
- Top and tail the green beans and place them in boiling water for about 4 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process and preserve the bright green colour.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg white, almond flour and coconut flour into separate shallow bowls. Add the herbs and seasoning to the almond flour.
- Dip a bean in the egg white, then the coconut flour, then the almond flour. You may want to dip the bean in the egg white in between the coconut flour and almond flour to get a thicker coating.
- Place on baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes until crispy.
- Eat and enjoy!