This dish could not be easier to prepare and is good cooked on the bbq. Currently we are cooking with the grill and griddle pan as it’s too hot to bbq for us – temperature over 40 degrees…and humidity that gives you Diana Ross hair..! Our summer is HOT!! The yoghurt keeps the chicken moist and tender (according to the husband)
300ml Greek yoghurt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbspn chopped fresh herbs…dill/tarragon/parsley/oregano…your choice
4 large skinned, boned chicken breasts
salt and pepper
- Put the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well together.
- Cut the chicken into chunks of about 4cm square. Add to the yoghurt mixture and mix well, ensuring that all pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Cover and leave to marinade in a fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread the pieces of chicken onto kebab skewers and place on a grill pan.
- Cook the kebabs for about 15 minutes, turning and basting with the remaining marinade, until lightly brown.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan and heat gently. Serve the sauce with the kebabs.
- Eat and enjoy!