Breads/ Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Vegetarian

Almond Flour Bread

I assume that most low carbers still have a hankering for bread.   I have to still walk past the bread section in Spinneys and try not to look at their olive bread for fear of sobbing loudly.   I found a great recipe that has worked out really well as a replacement and now I can walk smugly past the bread section in the supermarket.    It is great with cashew nut hummus too.  And we now have a bread to dip into soups! Woohoo!   I make the almond flour by grinding almonds in a food processor….plain almonds and those with the skin still on both work well for this bread recipe.

3 1/2 cups almond flour

3 eggs

1/4 cup melted butter

1 tspn baking soda

1 cup natural yoghurt

1/4 tspn salt

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
  2. Grease the insides of a loaf tin with butter.
  3. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  Or throw it into a food processor.
  4. Put the dough mix into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
  5. Cool in the pan, remove, eat and enjoy!

Nutrition: Per slice (10 slices) : 275 Calories; 24g Fat; 10g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb

20 Low Carb Bread Recipes - Divalicious Recipes
    June 17, 2017 at 9:00 pm

[…] Almond Flour Bread […]

Peter
    December 25, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Great to finally find a simple low card bread!!

Angela Coleby
      December 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Huzzah!!

ARGYRO
    September 7, 2015 at 11:29 am

Ok. thanks Diva!

ARGYRO
    September 1, 2015 at 9:22 am

Just baked a loaf, it is delicious. Ate it with a lovely chia raspberry jam from Madeleine Shaw’s book GET THE GLOW and they matched perfectly. Just a question! I remember making this bread a couple of months ago, didn’t the recipe contain flaxseed meal as well or am I confused with some other similar recipe?

September 7, 2015 at 9:41 am

I think that it might be another recipe but you could always add flaxseed meal to this bread!

Parmesan Basil Almond Flour Bread | nicediabetes
    August 6, 2012 at 5:12 am

[…] By: Michael Aviad adapted from Divalicious Recipes in the City.  […]

Parmesan Basil Almond Flour Bread
    August 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm

[…] By: Michael Aviad adapted from Divalicious Recipes in the City.  […]

Jess
    August 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi Angie, I have baked it for extra 45mins and it is a nice loaf with a crispy crust 🙂 My first “bread”. The taste is good and reminds me of a cake loaf, one slice and it is very filling. I wonder if this almond bread (and the others in the bread section) freezes well or kept in the fridge for a long time? Many thanks!

August 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

Yah! So glad it worked out good for you and that you like it! I think it will keep for about 3-5 days in the fridge but not too sure about freezing it though as I have not tried it.

Jess
        August 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Your recipe for the bread is freezable! Yippee! 🙂 I sliced them & cling-wrapped them as a loaf. They froze beautifully without changing shape & taste or sticking together. I placed the frozen slices directly on a sandwich grill to create those pretty lines (I like them better when warm) and they tasted delicious! Now I can try other bread loaves without fearing I have to finish them in a short time. Thank you so much! 🙂

hotshot bald cop
    September 5, 2011 at 1:47 am

My thoughts precisely!

hotshot bald cop
    August 30, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Do actually assume this is true?

Angie C
      August 31, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Yes..easy to make and yummy to eat.

Jess
        August 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I have just tried this bread but it is very wet in the middle, how do i prevent it?

August 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hi Jess,
          Perhaps the oven temperature may need adjusting..turn it up a little higher. I do find that the temperatures of ovens can vary slightly at times. Or cook it for a bit longer. Cover the top with foil to stop it burning and bake for another 10-15 minutes, checking it from time to time. Good luck on the next attempt!

Roasted Red Pepper Spicy Cashew Nut Hummus « Divalicious In Dubai