Almond Flour Bread

I assume that most low carbers still have a hankering for bread.   I have to still walk past the bread section in Spinneys and try not to look at their olive bread for fear of sobbing loudly.   I found a great recipe that has worked out really well as a replacement and now I can walk smugly past the bread section in the supermarket.    It is great with cashew nut hummus too.  And we now have a bread to dip into soups! Woohoo!   I make the almond flour by grinding almonds in a food processor….plain almonds and those with the skin still on both work well for this bread recipe.

3 1/2 cups almond flour

3 eggs

1/4 cup melted butter

1 tspn baking soda

1 cup natural yoghurt

1/4 tspn salt

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
  2. Grease the insides of a loaf tin with butter.
  3. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  Or throw it into a food processor.
  4. Put the dough mix into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
  5. Cool in the pan, remove, eat and enjoy!

15 Comments Add yours

1. Do actually assume this is true?

1. Angie C says:

Yes..easy to make and yummy to eat.

1. Jess says:

I have just tried this bread but it is very wet in the middle, how do i prevent it?

2. Divalicious says:

Hi Jess,
        Perhaps the oven temperature may need adjusting..turn it up a little higher. I do find that the temperatures of ovens can vary slightly at times. Or cook it for a bit longer. Cover the top with foil to stop it burning and bake for another 10-15 minutes, checking it from time to time. Good luck on the next attempt!

2. My thoughts precisely!

3. Jess says:

Hi Angie, I have baked it for extra 45mins and it is a nice loaf with a crispy crust :-) My first “bread”. The taste is good and reminds me of a cake loaf, one slice and it is very filling. I wonder if this almond bread (and the others in the bread section) freezes well or kept in the fridge for a long time? Many thanks!

1. Divalicious says:

Yah! So glad it worked out good for you and that you like it! I think it will keep for about 3-5 days in the fridge but not too sure about freezing it though as I have not tried it.

1. Jess says:

Your recipe for the bread is freezable! Yippee! :-) I sliced them & cling-wrapped them as a loaf. They froze beautifully without changing shape & taste or sticking together. I placed the frozen slices directly on a sandwich grill to create those pretty lines (I like them better when warm) and they tasted delicious! Now I can try other bread loaves without fearing I have to finish them in a short time. Thank you so much! :-)

4. ARGYRO says:

Just baked a loaf, it is delicious. Ate it with a lovely chia raspberry jam from Madeleine Shaw’s book GET THE GLOW and they matched perfectly. Just a question! I remember making this bread a couple of months ago, didn’t the recipe contain flaxseed meal as well or am I confused with some other similar recipe?

1. Divalicious says:

I think that it might be another recipe but you could always add flaxseed meal to this bread!

5. ARGYRO says:

Ok. thanks Diva!

Love to hear your comments on this!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s