In my effort to be more natural and put less chemicals on my skin I found many liquid hand soap recipes. We get through a lot of hand soap as we have 3 bathrooms and a kitchen to wash our hands in. Having cats makes me wash my hands even more as I will wash my hands after fussing them. As they are the most pampered, loved cats in this world that is a lot of hand washing… This is so easy to do and makes a huge volume of liquid hand soap. All for the cost of a bar of soap! The glycerin is available in chemists. You could add a few natural oils too but that is entirely up to you. Just make sure that they are skin friendly.
1 bar soap (as natural as possible)
1 tbspn honey
1 tspn glycerin
- Grate the soap into flakes and put into a bowl.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk.
- Add 1/2 cup room temperature water and stir in.
- Add honey and glycerin and stir. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with 5 – 6 cups of cool water. Whisk.
- Pour into container and allow to cool with the lid off.
- After an hour put the lid on. The mixture should have thickened by now.
- Shake before use.