An easy recipe that has the great flavour combination of zucchini, feta and mint that make these low carb fritters a great option for lunch or even an appetizer.
I adore these…so fresh and light and quick to cook. The marriage of courgette, feta and mint is a solid one that will last many years and will probably see their silver anniversary with us. My original recipe used to have regular flour in it *swoons with horror* but I’ve now replaced it with coconut flour. Almond flour also works but I prefer the texture of coconut flour.
A tip on squeezing out the excess water out of the zucchini. Use a nut bag! It’s not only just for making your own nut milk!
- 2 large zucchini
- 4-5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tblspns coconut flour
- 4 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Grate the courgettes and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the garlic, egg, spring onions, mint. Mix well.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the mixture. Mix and all the salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut flour, mix gently.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Form the mixture into small patties and fry for about 2-3 minutes and until golden. Turn over to cook the over side.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes