Cauliflower. Farewell potato and welcome cauliflower…come in and make yourself comfortable. Who knew what a tasty and versatile vegetable it is. Low in carbs and fabulous with cheese.
I can eat these just as a snack and dip them in home made mayonnaise….divalicious! You could add chopped spring onions or perhaps chives to this too. I have also made them with cheese in the middle which was yummy but they did not hold their shape as well. Time to experiment with cheeses…
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated.
2 tspn garlic powder.
Salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, place in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Drain the water and cool. Squeeze the florets in your hand to get rid of excess water.
- Mash the cauliflower either by hand or blender. Add seasoning.
- Make into croquettes shapes by hand.
- Put the Parmesan cheese on a plate and roll the croquettes in the cheese.
- Place the croquettes onto parchment/greaseproof paper and put into the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the oven to 190c/375F degrees. Place the croquettes in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes, turning them to get an even golden colour.
- Eat and enjoy!