Courgettes go so well with almonds and cheese. This is a nice way to make a vegetable into a savoury snack. You could spice this up with a bit of chilli powder added to the almond flour. Add a dip and you have a party…okay, you, the chips, the dips, the cats and another DVD of “30 Rock” to watch…
2 large courgettes (zucchini)
2 egg whites
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven to 230c/450 F
- Cut the courgette into small strips, like chunky chips.
- Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff.
- Dip the courgette chips into the egg white, then into either the grated cheese or almond flour.
- Place ona baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Repeat the dipping of the courgette chips.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins. They should be golden and crisp.
- Enjoy hot or cold.