Embrace Tofu by smothering it with cheese! I love how the Tofu looks like little macaronis and the dish tastes like the real thing. The tofu gives the dish a cream flavour. This is a very easy dish to do…and doesn’t take too long to prepare. I sometimes add some chopped spring onion to this too. You can always omit the mustard and use cayenne pepper to give it bit of zing. Or use both…go nuts..live a little…
2 x 250g packets firm tofu, drained
225g grated Cheddar cheese
2 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons double cream
1 tspn mustard
2 – 3 tblspn grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Dry the tofu by blotting it well with kitchen paper. Then cut it into small strips, like pieces of macaroni and put them into a bowl.
- Mix the Cheddar cheese, eggs, cream and the mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the tofu with the cheese mixture gently, so not to break up the macaroni pieces.
- Transfer to a greased, shallow casserole dish and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes, or until the top is well browned.
- Golden and delicious