This is one of my favourite finds…easy to make and so yummy to eat. Gluten free too so you can pretend it’s actually a health food. The brownies have a very gooey, fudge like texture to them. This is due to the use of almond butter. I sometimes use a mix of almond and cashew nut butter. Both butters are easy to make if you have a food processor and a lot cheaper than buying it in a jar from your health store.
1 1/2 cups of honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups almond butter (or cashew nut butter)
1 tblspn of vanilla
100 g of dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids), melted.
1/2 tspn of salt
1 tspn of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325 F.
- Blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Place the gooey goodness into a baking dish (I use a square pyrex) and spread the mixture flat but evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Do not let it get too dark. A toothpick in the middle should come out clean.
- Enjoy….lovely warm and delicious cold.